Wednesday, July 26, 2006

believe is strength, too


Morning TaDRIG,
It’s a long time I don’t post up on our blog. From bottom of my heart, I am sorry all TaDRIG for my slothfulness. Thanks so much our Mods, who contribute a great of brainpower and sentiment, and time despite many works on their mind, for our our solidarity and our development.
As you see, I’ve been in ChiangMai for one week, and I have had many opportunities to gain my knowledge about our Mekong region, about the difficulties activists face. Especially, the most important I got is the essentiality from having a thorough grasp of law in all of our activities. Why I say that? Firstly, I have a session about international environmental law. As you know, I’ve never seen carefully any code before, then I feel very ashamed of lack of lawful cognition about my own country. It’s the time I can not stand with my real stuff. And, the most important in my thought is the neccessary of strong lawful tools for us, activists and boffins. Everyone among us have had some experience more or less how difficult to propose, implement a development project, and then specially in practical process on communities’ benefit. It will be more and more difficult when your work is concerning in human right, earthright such as gender equality, the right to water, the right to life that related to companies’profit, strategy and something like that...
So, today I hope we will have a little time everyday to get more weight for our voice put in a strong law. You will be unable to have a strong law if you don’t believe in it.
Good work and keep health,
TaLong

No comments: